To Do:  1. Get Hobby 2. Floss

Here's what I need to do: 1. Get Hobby, 2. Floss. Blogging just gets in the way.


Thursday, July 20, 2006

Financial Responsibility



I have a financial advisor. There are several things that disturb me about this.

His name is Bill. The irony here does not amuse me.

I talk a lot. So does he. He also charges by the hour. Each session means that I can own one fewer pair of Manolos. I love Manolos. Bill does not appreciate fashion.

Bill has several locks on his door. He locks us in a room together when we are going over my irresponsible spending habits. Bill also does not appreciate bathing.

The last time I saw Bill, I walked into the office, locked all the locks and took my customary seat. Instead of waddling over to his side of the desk he disappeared into the back room (I have never been in the back room). He re-emerged with two cocktails.

Is it a bad sign or a good sign when your financial advisor offers you a drink? If it had been champagne, I would know that I could afford an early retirement. But scotch (which I haven't acquired the palate for) confused me.

I took the scotch and tried to appear at ease. Bill sat down and said, "You have reached the point this year where you could have bought a new car with what you've spent on clothing."

I said, "Let me know when I could have bought an airplane."

Apparently, I will never be able to retire at this rate. He asked me how I thought I was going to be able to afford all these shoes and handbags when I'm a little old lady in a wheelchair.

He's got a point.

When I'm in a wheelchair, I am going to have the cutest shoes. I will be able to wear four inch heels all day when I'm in a wheelchair.

I am going to contribute more to my 401K.

Mist 1


18 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

Yay! I'm first! But maybe not. I hate this comment approval thingy BTW! :)

Poor Bill, he really wanted to get his point across ay? And you thought he was trying to hit on you!

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

nerd,

I can picture all those shoes...

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Mr. G said...

Why is the image of Mist...sitting in a wheelchair in 4" Manolos not such a difficult one to form???

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

icl,

Comment approval has suddenly become necessary in my life. Plus, it makes me feel important.

I hate it too.

Bill wasn't hitting on me. Eewwww. I shouldn't have approved your comment.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with the others. I love the way you can humorously tell a story with such vivid imagery.

I look forward to your posts

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

mr. g,

I will have to own more than one wheelchair...to coordinate with my shoes, of course.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Mr. G said...

Hmmm...learn something new every day...here I thought that all wheelchairs came in basic black so that it coordinated with everything without causing any fashion crisis.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

oh and they won't wear out as quick in the wheelchair......
that just rocks.

yes, you should buy a coach bag to go with....

sweeeeeeet.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

ray,

Sooo much pressure. What if I fail to perform? What if I can't keep it up?

First time I've ever said that!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

anastasia,

I am always on the quest for the perfect handbag. Nothing ever satisfies me.

Is there a company that pimps wheelchairs?

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

mr. g,

You can't just have a black wheelchair. What if you want to wear navy?

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

pup,

It's beautiful, isn't it? Think of all the lovely shoes with no wear on the bottoms.

Of course my shoe closet will have to be reoutfitted. I will not be needing that step ladder anymore as the shelves will have to be much lower.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger winterssoulstyce said...

see man, then what happens is that you get some old geezer to pay for your manolos. problem solved.

i should have been an advisor.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

k,

It's not too late to have a career change. I actually think I would like it if you were my advisor. We would have so much fun.

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

401k? Good idea, maybe I should open one but then I wound't have any money to spend on my videogames :(

KristynMarie

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

kristynmarie,

You will have to prioritze...or perhaps start shoplifting so that you can save for retirement.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Echomouse said...

I love how you write too. But as a former finance person, I'm still in shock about the drink thing.

Rule of thumb - any financial advisor who brings out a drink, worse - that gives you one too - while going over your finances IS A BAD SIGN. Run, do not walk, RUN, to someone new.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

mouse,

But Bill takes such good care of me.

I thought that the aversion to bathing was an even worse sign, but you're the expert.

 

Post a Comment

"All of this happened, more or less." - Kurt Vonnegut

ABOUT ME
ABOUT ME
Name: Mist1
Location: Dirty South, USA

Yes, it is about me. Thanks for noticing.

BLOGROLL

123 Valerie Strikes Again
A Day in the Life
A Day in the Wind
Ali Thinks
Allan Thinks
Animal Mind
A View From The Watter's Edge
Avitable
BNR - Blog Name Removed
Briliant Donkey
Burnett's Urban Etiquette
Burt Reynolds' Mustache
c-writing
Cardiac Fantasies
Carnival of the Mundane
Curiosity Killer
Dallas Dysfunction
Dan's Blah Blah Blog
Disgruntled Workforce
DKY Bar and Grill
Exorcise My Devils
Fantasy and Sci-Fi Lovin' Blog
Fresh Air Lover
Guilty With An Explanation
How to go Insane
I Am Woman, See Me Blog!
Intelligent Humor
It's Go Time!
It's No Picknick!
Jester Tunes
Jen (and Andrew)
Just Tug
Karlababble
Ketchup With My Fries, Please
Liner Notes
Little White Liar
Maiden New York
Mayren Abashed
Meloncutter Musings
Mindy Does Minneapolis
Miss Britt
Much Ado about sumthin!
Muffin 53
Pointless Banter
Pointless Drivel
Q's Corner
Random Moments
Roadtrip
Sanity Optional
Single Life As I Know It
Secret Suburban Misfit
Southern Circle of Hell
Studio-Twenty-Three
The Assimilated Negro
The Death of Retail Price
The Dragon: 050376
The Morning Meeting
The Post College Years
The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile
Tiny Voices in My Head

NEWEST POSTS

Dead Eye Dick
Magnum, P.I.
Interview With a Therapist
Payback
Customer Service
New Name, New Blog, Same Girl

ARCHIVES

Credits

Header image photo by Alison.

 Subscribe in a reader

 Subscribe to comments

RFS Blog Awards Winner