To Do:  1. Get Hobby 2. Floss

Here's what I need to do: 1. Get Hobby, 2. Floss. Blogging just gets in the way.


Friday, August 25, 2006

Ear Hustling



There are some things that I should keep to myself. But this one is just too good.

I was eavesdropping yesterday. Now I am the keeper of some top secret information.

A crime was committed. A murder. I think. Sometimes, my imagination is hyperactive. It involved the following people:

1. Innocent Young Woman (a.k.a. IYW)
2. Concerned Gentleman (a.k.a. CG)
3. Innocent Young Woman's Boyfriend (a.k.a. IYWB)
4. "Ponytail" (a.k.a. "Ponytail", because really, there's no better nickname than "Ponytail")

CG and IYW were talking. I was minding my own business. I heard the whole story. It happened like this: Innocent Young Woman called Concerned Gentleman one day to tell him that Innocent Young Woman's Boyfriend was acting strangely. CG was worried about IYW. CG decided to go to IYW's home to check up on her.

When he arrived, IYW was alone and IYWB hasn't been seen since.

Reassured, CG drove back to work. He stopped for a pack of cigarettes and a refreshing beverage. End of story. CG knows nothing of IYWB's whereabouts.

Does IYWB have any enemies? Why yes, it turns out that he does. You see, there's this guy named "Ponytail" who never liked IYWB very much. IYW asks what "Ponytail" looks like. CG tells her that he's only seen "Ponytail" in the dark, so he doesn't know what he looks like. In fact, he can't even tell if "Ponytail" is black or white.

"Ponytail" is beginning to sound like a man of mystery.

IYW wants to contact "Ponytail" to ask him if he knows where IYWB is. CG broke the news gently. It would be impossible to contact "Ponytail" because he is on his deathbed. He has recently been taken very ill. CG suggests that they just let the poor man die in peace and let the Lord do his work. IYW murmured something inaudible.

Godspeed, "Ponytail."

Mist 1


21 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Blogger Gamb0 said...

No secret M1. Ponytail confronted IYWB telling him of an earlier affair with IYW. In anger IYWB chopped off Ponytail's ponytail leaving him a sobbing wreck and crying 'my life is now over'. IYWB is inconsolable and has left the country to start a new life.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

And you heard this at the MOA?

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

gambo,

So IYWB and "Ponytail" were lovers?

icl,

How do you know? Are you a part of this? ICL is dangerously similar to IYW. Are you related?

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Gamb0 said...

Yeah, he works the next plot to me. Told me IYW was a les anyway.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Mr. G said...

Is there a reward for information on the whereabouts of IYWB??

I only ask because I might have something to contribute....for the right price...

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

this is some hidden gay action, fo sho.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

gambo,

I knew you had inside information.

mr. g,

I'll split it with you.

stiltwalker,

That's what I'm thinking too.

miss britt,

Welcome to my world.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Avitable said...

Apparently, gauging from the picture, Ponytail is a luchador.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Mr. G said...

Until I get a firm cash offer, all I gotta' say is Professor Plum in the Conservatory with a Candlestick...

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

avitable,

Lucha Libre!

mindless,

I only got a look at the back of her head. She didn't have a ponytail.

mr. g,

Professor Plum is innocent until proven guilty.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

Maybe you were just evesdropping but now you are involved.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

mumbai,

I'd like to speak with my lawyer.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Nihilistic said...

Ponytail is hot!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger C... said...

Well, that's a pretty good mystery novel start.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

nihilistic,

I think he's on MySpace if you wanna connect.

c,

I wonder if they'll sell the rights to the story.

anastasia,

Now you're scaring me. I'm being set up.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's apparent to me that IYWB was abducted by aliens. Ponytail is either one of them, or he knows too much! :P

Kristyn

(PS. Left you a comment a day or so ago, but blogger was acting like a bitch).

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

kristyn,

Mystery solved. I knew someone would have answers.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger camera shy said...

. . . ever se invasion of the doby snatchers? the one with donald sutherland?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger mist1 said...

bsts,

Why does everyone keep warning me to watch my back? I smell conspiracy.

Thanks for coming by.

PS -- I will read any blog about shoes.

camera,

Here's the thing about that movie, the people are replaced with clones devoid of emotion. That pretty much describes me.

Thanks for coming by.

nerd,

I'm thinking about hosting a benefit for "Ponytail."

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit I was completely confused at first when reading this, but now I understand. DOH! I'm with Dribbler on this one though. I think CG had something to do with the disappearance of IYWB.

Thanks for stopping by my place! Hope you won't be a stranger!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

kellie,

CG reeks of guilt.

Thanks for coming by.

 

Post a Comment

"All of this happened, more or less." - Kurt Vonnegut

ABOUT ME
ABOUT ME
Name: Mist1
Location: Dirty South, USA

Yes, it is about me. Thanks for noticing.

BLOGROLL

123 Valerie Strikes Again
A Day in the Life
A Day in the Wind
Ali Thinks
Allan Thinks
Animal Mind
A View From The Watter's Edge
Avitable
BNR - Blog Name Removed
Briliant Donkey
Burnett's Urban Etiquette
Burt Reynolds' Mustache
c-writing
Cardiac Fantasies
Carnival of the Mundane
Curiosity Killer
Dallas Dysfunction
Dan's Blah Blah Blog
Disgruntled Workforce
DKY Bar and Grill
Exorcise My Devils
Fantasy and Sci-Fi Lovin' Blog
Fresh Air Lover
Guilty With An Explanation
How to go Insane
I Am Woman, See Me Blog!
Intelligent Humor
It's Go Time!
It's No Picknick!
Jester Tunes
Jen (and Andrew)
Just Tug
Karlababble
Ketchup With My Fries, Please
Liner Notes
Little White Liar
Maiden New York
Mayren Abashed
Meloncutter Musings
Mindy Does Minneapolis
Miss Britt
Much Ado about sumthin!
Muffin 53
Pointless Banter
Pointless Drivel
Q's Corner
Random Moments
Roadtrip
Sanity Optional
Single Life As I Know It
Secret Suburban Misfit
Southern Circle of Hell
Studio-Twenty-Three
The Assimilated Negro
The Death of Retail Price
The Dragon: 050376
The Morning Meeting
The Post College Years
The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile
Tiny Voices in My Head

NEWEST POSTS

Extra Parts
The Kitchen Stink
Free Samples
Six Days
I Swear, I am Not Making this Up
Yo, I'm Ill
Done Phrinking
No Way Out
I'm Repulsive
Just Gimme the Damn Cake

ARCHIVES

Credits

Header image photo by Alison.

 Subscribe in a reader

 Subscribe to comments

RFS Blog Awards Winner